Join Our Network: Health Care Professionals
Our Minimum Credentialing RequirementsIn order to participate in Cigna's behavioral network, all Health Care Professionals must meet the following minimum credentialing requirements:
- A license to practice independently (without supervision) in the state in which you are providing services;
- Professional Liability Insurance with minimum limits of:
- $1 million/$3 million for Physicians and Psychiatric Nurses with prescriptive authority, or
- $1 million/$1 million for all other Health Care Professionals or:
- The minimum recommended amount of professional liability coverage for Health Care Professionals in Texas is $200,000/occurrence and $500,000 aggregate.
- The minimum recommended amount of professional liability coverage for Health Care Professionals in Florida is $100,000/occurrence and $300,000 aggregate.
- Health Care Professionals in states that have regulations for a patient compensation fund for insurance coverage or that might have passed regulations governing the amount of insurance a Health Care Professionals must carry should meet at least the State requirement if they do not meet Cigna Behavioral Health's minimum requirements.
- Health Care Professionals with federal tort coverage (Federal Tort Coverage Act) do not have to meet the Cigna Behavioral Health minimum insurance requirements. For those Health Care Professionals, a copy of the federal tort letter or an attestation from the practitioner stating that he or she has federal tort coverage must be included in the Health Care Professionals credentialing file.
- What You'll Need To Start
- Complete the Online Screening Form
- The process will take about 30 minutes to complete.
- You will have an opportunity to print your completed screening form.
- You will receive confirmation that your application has been received via email notification.
- Cigna will review your screening form and you can expect to hear from us within 10 business days.
- If you are already contracted with Cigna's behavioral network, please submit demographic changes via the Provider Change Form found in the Provider Section of this website.
- If you practice in Minnesota, North Dakota or western Wisconsin:
If you are a BCaBA practitioner or a BCBA without an additional behavioral license to practice independently, please view our Autism Information and Resources or call Provider Services for more information on joining our network
How to Join Cigna's Behavioral Network
Joining Our Network:
Once you submit your online screening form:
Cigna's behavioral network represents an alliance between Cigna and HealthPartners. For contract consideration, please complete the HealthPartners Behavioral Health Contract Application available at http://www.healthpartners.com/files/25186.pdf.
For more information, see our Frequently Asked Questions page.
* While visiting www.cignabehavioral.com you may leave the Cigna web site and access certain non-Cigna web sites. Cigna neither reviews nor controls the content and accuracy of these Web sites, and therefore will not be responsible for their content and accuracy. Your access to non-Cigna web sites is at your sole risk.